How to Wear a Pencil Dress Like a Hollywood Star | heartmycloset
If you're like me, you love fashion but don't have the time to keep up with all the latest trends. That's why I love pencil dresses! They're timeless, versatile, and chic - perfect for any occasion. But how do you wear a pencil dress like a Hollywood star? Read on to find out!
1. Pick a classic style. Classic styles don’t go out of trend in 10, 20, or even 30 years. Few examples
Our Devon pencil dress with contrast collar
Valerie dress with drape skirt
Ashley vintage dress with contrast trim and bows
2. Make sure it fits - either order standard size or custom made (a service we offer) to fit your body perfectly. A well fitted dress will accentuate your curves and boost your confidence.
3. Accessorize with gloves, hats, stockings, scarves, or jewelry like earrings and necklaces.
4. Choose the right hairstyle to complete your look.
5. Smile and enjoy yourself! You look fabulous.
The pencil dress is a classic for a reason- it’s versatile, flattering, and can be dressed up or down. If you’re looking for a new go-to outfit for work or special occasions, consider picking up a pencil dress that fits your body type and curves. Accessorize with classic pieces that will never go out of style, and finally, make sure you feel confident and comfortable by practicing walking and sitting in your dress before wearing it in public. Do you have any tips on how to wear a pencil dress? Let me know in the comments below!
Annie Stover said:
I ordered a custom made HMC pencil dress with a peplum waist and I suggest having the pencil dresses lined. Mine is lined and it helps me move around in the form fitting dress with ease. Even if you order a darker color fabric, spring for the lining!
Alexandria Seekamp said:
The model in these photographs always looks so elegant. If she’s wearing a corset I would love to know where I can get one just like it, I’m dying for that silhouette!